Stafford County leaders intend to send a message to its public school division: CRT won't be tolerated.
The Board of Supervisors will meet at 3 p.m. Tuesday to vote on a resolution that would allow it to withhold funding from the school division if it learns instructors are teaching Critical Race Theory -- a decades-old academic framework examining how race and racism influence politics, culture, and law.
CRT has become a hot-button issue at School Board meetings both locally and across the nation, where liberals and conservatives demand teachers across all subjects stop developing lesson plans focused on race. The practice divides children into ethnic groups, they say.
- NEW! Save by Choosing a Plan that Gives You Your Community's News.
- Or Choose a Plan That Gives You 100% Access to Potomac Local News across All of the Communities We Cover.
- SAVE 20% on Select Plans!
- Click Here to Become a Member.
- Already a Member? Click Here to Sign In.
- Thank you for your support of local news in our community.
The retail and commercial portion of a 153-acre data center site in Gainesville is ready to be developed.
An 18-year-old man is in custody after David Madison Fowler, III was found shot to death in Dale City.
Many ubiquitous products used in homes, yards, and garages contain hazardous ingredients. When disposed of improperly, these items can pose harm to humans, animals, or the environment.
This morning at 3:24 a.m., units were dispatched to the 4000 block of Tuscany Court in Woodbridge for a resident reporting his neighbor’s house on fire.