TRIANGLE, Va. — A crash involving a camper trailer stalled traffic on Interstate 95 north about 2 p.m. Friday.

PotomacLocal.com reporter Stephanie Tipple snapped this photo of the truck and the camper it was pulling at mile post 149, at the rear entrance of Quantico Marine Corps Base. No injuries were reported.


WOODBRIDGE, Va. — Gregg Reynolds stood in the Holly Acres Mobile Home Park Friday afternoon offering assistance to those who were told to leave trailer homes deemed unsafe by Prince William officials.

Reynolds said Prince William police on Thursday night issued summonses to those still living in eight trailers – many of which are being powered with extension cords run from other power sources, all of which were deemed unlivable after the remnants of Tropical Strom Lee flooded the trailer park in September – to be out no later than today.


STAFFORD, Va. — Governor Robert F. McDonnell is coming to Stafford to sign bills into law.

The governor will meet with Stafford Sheriff Charles E. Jett on Wednesday, July 18. While there, he will sign into law bills that increase support for public safety officials and agencies, said McDonnell spokesman Jeff Caldwell.


NORTH STAFFORD, Va.– A mens clothing shop on Va. 610 appears to be closing. Signs posted outside Sam’s Factory Outlet state “lost our lease.”

This article is FREE to read. Please Sign In or Create a FREE Account. Thank you.


TRIANGLE, Va. — Everyone in the Potomac Communities who lost power after June 29’s derecho storm is back online.

An interactive map from Domnion Virginia Power shows no storm-related outages in our area today. Thursday afternoon, Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative announced it had also restored all power to those who lost it in last week’s powerful storm.


STAFFORD, Va. — There’s a new call from Stafford County officials asking residents not to use water outdoors if they don’t have to.

The recent wave of power outages caused by Friday’s storm is challenging the county’s ability to meet water demands and. As a precautionary measure, officials asked residents to use buckets of water to water flowers or wash cars instead of a hose.


The storm knocked out 911 and cell service for much of the day Saturday. But it’s the lack of 911 service that has Prince William County officials calling for an investigation into what went wrong.

This article is FREE to read. Please Sign In or Create a FREE Account. Thank you.


View More Stories